Friday, August 28, 2009

FunTimes

On a more positive note, I had a good time yesterday and made a few more friends. My friend, Matt Nearents, invited me to climb R Mountain with some of his friends yesterday. It was a lot of fun. Dang tiring, but fun! I don't think I've ever climbed a more steeper hill than on that trail. I've done it 3 other times before, but I'd forgotten how hard it is. I get winded very quickly but I made it nonetheless. We took several breaks and enjoyed the scenery. We went with two other Matt's, one other girl, and four other guys. It was hard going up (most of the trail was a steep climb up), and then you turn around and go back. Then you're constantly going down which was a little scary, especially when I realized that my shoes have almost no grip cause I've had them for years. Then we went to Taco Bell and next door to get snowcones.

That same night we watched Kung Foo Panda at one of the Matt's place in his lounge. We had a good time talking. Sharing freaky dating stories, etc. These people all live in the area, like literally one to two streets down from me, which is another reason I don't want to move. My other option is to live down by the park about a mile away. It's not too bad I guess. But I enjoy this side of campus more.


Matt, Chris, Todd, Megan, Zach, Tia, Matt, and Matt

Walking on the easier part of the trail

Matt's in the far off distance. Don't ask me how he got there.


Me and Megan

Videos for your viewing pleasure:


This one makes me laugh. The guys are trying to find a lizard under the rock



Matt actually caught one

1 comment:

7aura7 said...

Looks like tons of fun! Gotta love R rock :)