I guess I should update my blog again....even though there's not really much news...so I've sold my contract as you know and moved just down the street. Just so you know, never do business with Rentmaster. They're the people whom I just got out of my contract with. They're jerks. 'nuff said.
So I'm very close to campus (just next door to Todd and across the street from where Cara will be living.) I got very lucky! It's the exact location I was looking for. The only thing is that we're supposed to have cable and a washer/dryer. However, we don't seem to have cable so we had to tell our manager that and he said he'd get it fixed. But he hasn't done a thing yet and that was about two weeks ago. Our manager is about my age and he's a student here. The washer/dryer that he said was provided is actually not provided by the manager, but it just belongs to one of the roommates currently living here. Talk about false advertising. The dryer just doesn't have the right hook up or plug so we're not even able to use it.
I have 3 other roommates. I have my own room until another girl moves in. I hope no one else does. I absolutely hate sharing a room.
It's been really cold here lately. At night I freeze cause the heat doesn't reach my room. Our heating is like a gas fireplace. It's plugged in and you turn the thermostat on and it will light a fire in the fireplace which blows warm air into the room. But it doesn't get as far into my bedroom, even though there are two vents in my bedroom. But I do have my own portable heater so I keep that on during the day.
I'm taking two grad classes right now. It's been crazy with all the assignments lately and in one class we do everything as a group. So we have to check online every day in our group discussions to read what everyone's been posting. In my other class, I had to do a powerpoint assignment with a partner, so we've been emailing the powerpoint back and forth, adding more slides each time. I've even become facebook friends with two of the people from my groups.
Oh, one more thing. I have some friends who've invited me to a Quidditch match. Yes, Quidditch. Harry Potter. We're playing in the park this Saturday. Apparently it's been pretty big cause they've played some games in Utah, too. They played Slytherin last week. This saturday it's Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw. My friends are luckily on Gryffindor's team so I'll be wearing Red and Gold to support the team. My friend, Matt, volunteered to be the snitch. hahaha. There will be upcoming video and pics. I promise.
Baby News
12 years ago

2 comments:
HEY!!! I just stumbled across your blog! We miss you!
Hey Tia, You should check out one of my old neighbor's blog from Rexburg...She has a really cute candy corn cookie recipe from land o lakes on her blog. The address is http://thehammbunch.blogspot.com/2009/10/cute-candy-corn-cookies.html
Let me know if you were able to see it. If you can't you could go to landolakes.com and sign up to view their recipes and search for it. It's cute! You would like to make it; I know you would!
Post a Comment