Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grad School

On May 26, I started my first (online) grad class for library science. So far it's not too bad. I'm enrolled in two classes, but the second one doesn't start until June 22, so for a while I'll only have this one class.
The summer semester is different. Each class is only 8 weeks instead of 3 months, which is the same for how the summers were for BYUI. So I'm already about halfway through the first class already. I'm taking foundations of info science currently. So far we had to write an 8 page paper on a career in lib science (I chose cataloging) and have 20 sources. I finished it 8 days early!! It took me tons of hours, but I wanted it out of the way, so it's done. Twice a week we have to comment 3 times on our reading assignments on a program like blackboard. We comment off of everyone's discussions. There're three more papers I think before we're through. It's just like an English class with lots of writing, which I hate. But at least it's not as hard as I expected. It's a core, required course in which I have to make a B in order to pass or else I have to take it again. I'm not spending another $4,000 on this course, so I must pass the first time!

Also, for anyone wondering, my computer if finally fixed as of today! Yippee! And my car now has a working blinker/headlights. I am officially street legal.

2 comments:

Dena said...

I'm glad it's going good for you!

7aura7 said...

A grad student! How exciting! :D I'm glad it's not as bad as you had though. The term "Grad School" just has a scary sound to it :)