Monday, June 15, 2009

This weekend

This last week in Rexburg has been sooo rainy!! It's not normal at all for Rexburg. Usually when it rains, it will rain for about 10 minutes, with no thunder, and just stop and get bright and sunny again. Last week all it did was rain. Mostly it rained every evening, but some days were filled with rain all day. I love it! Well, to a point, cause you can't go out and do much. It's supposed to rain all this week, too. There was a lot of thunder a couple days ago. It was great! I just happened to mention to Cara that we should get snowcones tonight, and boom, the first time today, it thundered.

On Saturday, the 13th, we were driving to Broulims and we saw across the street at a house there were people dressed up in medieval clothing and they were swordfighting. This lady told me they were re-enacting the medieval ages. It's a kind of club where do this kind of thing together. We took some pictures, then it started pouring down rain, and they stopped and picked things up and went inside. But later again that day when it was slightly letting up they started again.
It's cara's 21st birthday today, too! I'll post some pics on that later.







1 comment:

7aura7 said...

We live right next to a park, and every Tuesday, there's a big group of Medieval knights and ladies gathered to "fight". It's an odd spectacle :) Funny that they do it up there too!
We've been having a lot of rain too. The mountains are so GREEN! I love it. I do miss the Rexburg thunderstorms :)