Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Singing

So a few weeks ago I was at my friend Matt's apartment and his roommate,Chris, showed me the song "Virginia Moon" by The Foo Fighters on youtube. We started learning it and he taught me a little bit about how to play the bass guitar and read tabs. Tonight we tried practicing it again. However, they didn't have the bass guitar anymore because the girl who owned it just took it back. So we really couldn't do anything. So instead Chris played his part on the guitar and we sang the song for the first time together. It sounded awesome. For y'all that really know me know that I don't usually sing for anyone. I LOVE to sing but mostly I do it in my bedroom and there's no one to hear me except maybe my roommates. So this was really fun for me. I think we had thought about playing this song for open mic night which is a place where college students get together and play songs. But I don't think it'll actually happen. It's really hard to sing and play at the same time, and I'm not sure we'll get that bass guitar back again. And i've never touched a bass guitar before that night.
\

No comments: