Saturday, July 31, 2010

Bored enough to blog again...

As you all know, now is the 7-week break in Rexburg. I am one of those lucky few who get to be here for it. Cara and Todd both went home for the break and their off-track. I decided not to go home for a break because 1)it's harder to come back up here after being home again, and 2)I need to stay and work. From last Christmas until late June, we hadn't been getting any business at work and now I'm actually working everyday for a week straight!
It's been nearly a year since I've blogged! Didn't realize it's been that long. I had Cara up here with me at school this past year. We're together 24/7 until we have to go our separate ways to sleep at night. Stupid school! They won't let her live with me because I don't live in student housing.
I am halfway done with grad school. I should be graduating in library science after next July. I unfortunately didn't realize that I could have registered for my fall classes in April (we register that far in advance!) and I didn't know it so most classes were full. So I'm only taking one class this fall instead of two (unless someone drops and I can get in). So I hope that doesn't put me a semester behind. The class I need to get into is Young Adult Literature and I'm excited to take that class!


I'm still living in the same house. I'm living with an insane, rude roommate who only knows how to be fake and steal and lie. I hate her guts. Oh, I could go on and on about her, but I won't cause I know y'all don't wanna hear about it. Why am I living with just one roommate instead of four? Well, this idiot roommate yelled at one of them and so that one left (although none of us could stand her either so it was great that she left). The other was going to get married and the other was sick of living here in Rexburg and this house with this retarded roommate. Long story short, this roommate stole from the house, plus me, plus money from our manager. However, it's not enough to evict her so someone must buy her contract, and if they don't, I'm stuck with her until December. We haven't said one word to each other since Easter.




Luckily a new roommate moved in! Her name's Noel (pronounced just like the song) and she's in Matt's band! She's their singer.(Remember I talked a little about Matt in my last blog and we sang together with Chris?) So I kind of knew her before from watching Matt's band perform. I always thought she was cool. She is super nice. She's been gone traveling for the summer and will be back in a week. On a random note, Matt got engaged this summer so he won't be living in that apartment anymore. But I still hang with his roommates.

Cara and I went to the nature park this summer and we met a really cool goose we call Ziggy! We like him because he's very curious, observant, and friendly. He will eat out of our hands and the others won't. He will actually stand and look at you while the others only want your food. We call him Ziggy because he zig zags when he swims in the water. I read all about his kind on the Internet and he's a Swan Goose and they have good memories and make great pets. So we visited him twice a week for about 3 weeks until Cara had to go home. I think he seems to remember us.





Ziggy




Cara and I cut our hair. It's now a couple inches past our shoulders. Never thought I'd have it that short. But I like it. I've finally reached my limit to hair cutting. No shorter for me!

1 comment:

7aura7 said...

I've missed your blogs. Yikes, I hope things improve with your apartment situation... that sounds awful!