Tuesday, September 14, 2010

In Transit

So I finally just spontaneously left my old place. There was a night when my roommates were up til after 5am playing loud music and just acting stupid, while I was trying to sleep. (Real considerate, huh?) Plus, that stealing roommate, Rachel, still hadn't moved out of the apartment yet even though it was the last day of the month when she said she'd leave.

So I spent one more night in that house and then I found a girl in my ward who needed a roommate. So I moved in with her. Temporarily. She's a great roommate, and the place is nice, but it's located two miles away from campus. I want to live near walking distance of campus so when my siblings come back to school in January, we can walk to each other's apartments, plus it's much easier to be social. Plus I'm having to spend money on gas like crazy now.

I've been living here since Sep 1. By the end of the month I need to either sign a contract for here until December, or try to find a closer place. I've been posting ads on bulletin board for a roommate so I could split the rent with her because I
have found places to live, but they're all $450-600 a month, which I could never afford alone.

1 comment:

Dena said...

I'd just sign a contract till December at the place you are in now and in January hopefully you will have a new place. I'd find other people to live with who are your age if you can.