So you may be surprised to hear this, or may think I'm stupid, but I quit my DI job. And housekeeping had no problem in taking me back. I quit for several reasons. One, they weren't going to be as lenient in giving me time off. Someone said you had to apply for Christmas vacation by September if you hope to get any off and if you don't but take time off anyway, they'll have to hire new employees because they're busy around that time and you may not get your job back when you return. Housekeeping will give me three weeks to go home. Plus, I didn't like how most of my coworkers were 18 and didn't really try to bother talking to me much and it felt too much like grade school again, especially during lunch breaks. I always hated them. I'd rather sit alone than feel out of place. I was standing up for the whole 8 1/2 hours in one spot as I priced clothing and it really hurt my back a lot. No one else seemed to have a problem. I just had enough. As far as even trying for a library job (which there are no openings) I figure 4 months of volunteering each week plus working in the college archives as a transcriber for a year would look good enough on my resume.
I took my car in and told them that ever since they looked at it before when trying to get my blinkers to work that the headlights won't come on. They said that this was because my headlights and turn signal are all connected so that if either one stops working, they all do. But he was able to fix the lights for me so that now only one headlight works while the right one doesn't. Why he couldn't have given my car back to me like this with the working headlight in the first place is just idiotic.
Well, I finally took my computer back in today along with the inverter and he said he'll give me news about it tomorrow. Hopefully it will be fixed or else as he takes it apart he can tell me what the real problem is if it's not the inverter.
Baby News
12 years ago

1 comment:
:( Sounds like you're having a rough month! I'm glad housekeeping took you back in without any trouble. They must realize what a good worker you are! I really hope things start going better for you. You're the best!
Post a Comment