Saturday, April 11, 2009

End of semester

I haven't written anything in a while so there's a lot to catch up on. The semester is over and so Cara is spending the week between semesters at my place. We had a lot of last-time fun with Cara's roommates. Brittany, her roommate, got her mission call to Montevideo, Uruguay and she leaves in June. Her parents drove from Ohio to Rexburg to pick her up. So we met them and we all went out to Weingers. And Shaylee actually lives in Rexburg so we'll see her around still. We actually ran into her yesterday at the store with her mom and sis. Oh, and they had an Easter Bunny pass out hershey kisses and mini goodbars to us at Broulims. He held them in an Easter basket. And yesterday they had a pen filled with baby chicks and bunnies! Unfortunately I didn't have my camera.

White glove, as always, was crazy. I helped Cara's apartment with it and we stayed up til 3am cleaning the kitchen. I spent the night there. Before that we ate out at McDonalds and we all got Mighty Kids Meals. But before we actually got down and actually cleaned we (Shaylee's idea) did a little mattress surfing! (Laural, I remember years ago seeing a picture of you and I think Jennifer sliding so this reminded me of you). It was lots of fun. I'll post the pics soon so you'll know what I'm talking about.

Lately I've been teaching myself more guitar chords so I can fake play that I know something about guitar. I found this amazing site called
http://www.chordie.com/ and it has tons of songs, even up to date songs, with the chords over the lyrics, plus to the side is a picture of where the notes are on the guitar. Brittany has a guitar so I've been using hers. She doesn't really even play it herself. She knows just about as much as I do. There're tabs, too, but I don't care to try to understand them. As long as I can strum the chords so that people can understand what song I'm playing is all I care about. Brittany offered to sell the guitar to me (her dad had bought it for $100), but I told her no cause I don't really need it and don't have the money, anyway. But as she was packing up her family car she almost forgot and left it so I told her and she said to go ahead and keep it as a birthday/Chrismas/Easter present. That's how awesome she is. I love Brittany.

The latest news is that I was offered a full-time job at DI (Deseret Industries). After registering for grad classes (I start grad school online on May 26 in Library Science through Univ of Milwaukee-Wisconsin) and getting loans a couple days ago, Dena said it'd be good to get a better job. I'm a housekeeper right now at DaysInn and it's only part-time. But I just walked in and was about to just hand him my application (not expecting to get the job at all cause I heard there was a waiting list) and he tells me to come in and he basically interviews me and calls other people over the intercom to come in and meet me and show me what I'd be doing. I get to sort out the crappy clothes and keep the good ones. He wants me to start out part time on Monday from 1-4 to give my housekeeping job two weeks notice. Then he'll start me full-time. He even said that they do a kind of program where they help employees get better jobs and so he'd try to get me a library job with benefits so it'd look good on my resume.

Brittany, Shaylee, Todd, and me


Brittany, Shaylee, Todd, and Cara at McDonalds

Mattresses covering the stairs

Brittany sliding



Brittany's friends came by and they were walking these two dogs from the animal shelter. This one's named Patches.

Patches and Tucker














2 comments:

Dena said...

Looks like you guys have had some fun. That's great you now have a guitar! Now you can practice more.

Matt served in the same mission as Cara's roommate.

7aura7 said...

Mattress surfing is so fun!! :D I wonder if the managers know why their mattresses need to be replaced so often?

Congrats on your job! That's so awesome! It sounds like things are really going well for you.