Sunday, March 29, 2009

Mushrooms

First of all, the weather outside today is frightful. The winds are blowing 35 mph with gusts of up to 50mph. I'm so glad I don't have to work outside in this.

Do y'all remember those mushrooms that Mario and Luigi eat to get big? Well I came across this website where this lady recreates nintendo characters through baking and so last night I attempted her recipe for Mario Mushroom Cookies. They turned out so darn cute! I'm gonna give some to Todd's roommates cause they're big gamers.
Here's the link:
http://www.snackordie.com/2008/05/super_mario_mushroom_cookies.html

Cutting out the faces with pound cake

Assembly

Icing the tops


Finished

4 comments:

Joy Carlton said...

Nice job Tia! Those turned out really good.

Dena said...

Cool! Did they taste good?

Dena said...

Oh, check my blog comment for the snowman to see how we made him blue.

Tia said...

We actually haven't eaten them yet. I got done around 11pm and cleaned up and went home. (they were too pretty to eat anyway). But there were two "faces" left over that had no heads so Cara and I ate them and they were very good. It's pound cake with icing. I bet the cookie will taste good. I'll let you know!