Friday, March 6, 2009

Today I baked a cake for no other reason than I just wanted to decorate one. So I picked one from a picture online and decided to make it look like that one. Well, it didn't go so good. It's very plain looking and just didn't look like the one I found online. I've never made drop flowers before and they just didn't turn out right at all. Luckily a small handful actually came out right so I was able to stick those on (which were only enough for the front of the cake...so don't look at the back!) And I have no creativeness at all in me, so what I see is what I copy. It took me 3 1/2 hours to make, and by that time even if I was creative enough to add on other things to dress it up I was too tired at that point to do anything else, let alone have to clean up my mess.

Cara and I love chocolate cake with mint frosting (thanks Dena), so we picked up some mint flavoring. Let me tell you, never do this! It's actually spearamint flavored, not the regular peppermmint that we're used to. It didn't taste very good. Spearamint's only good in things like gum. I think peppermint is the extract we should've picked up. Maybe we can take it back and exchange it...

Anyways, here' s a picture of my cake.


3 comments:

Lynae said...

I love it, Tia! You are so talented! I've always wanted to be able to decorate cakes, but I am totally hopeless when it comes to that sort of thing.

Dena said...

Neat cake! Thanks for teaching me how to make those roses. Yes, you definitely need peppermint extract! And I doubt they will let you return it.

I hope you're planning on a cake yourself for St. Patrick's day. I'm not cake creative.

inthisplace said...

Oh my gosh, Tia-- that's AWESOME!!! See, if I were to try that, you wouldn't even know it was a cake. I'd probably burn the entire place down...